Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Daily Life

I am finally back and I am sorry it took me a while but there had been a lot of things going on meanwhile.
I eventually moved...already 2,5 weeks ago...The apartment is perfect if we exclude the fact that our internet is still not working. Yes, the "I-don’t-have-internet" virus even reached me in Argentina (link to my German friends:) but my roommate and I working on the problem.

Actually, I did not make to many pictures the previous week. Violence and robbery are increasing in Buenos Aires. In times of the lowest employment rate since a very very long time and upcoming elections in October it seems like the country gets nervous.

Many have my friends had been robbed or at least had been tried to be robbed including myself. During the day you can still walk alone on the street but just in certain districts. At night you do not seem to be save anywhere especially if you are a woman and from abroad.

Therefore I just take my camera with me when I am on tour with a bigger group.However below you can see some pics from the view of my new apartment and some social activities;)



View from the living rooms balcony (click on the big to enlarge it)
View from the balcony right before sunset
Ontour;) Kate (my roommates friend from the USA who came for a visit), Katie (my apartmentbuddy;) and Claudia (a Germabn friend of mine)
Puerto Madero in Buenos Aires
Gaucho market outside of Buenos Aires
Gaucho market: Kyle from Australia
Typical Gaucho

Argentinan Parilla with Steak, Chicken, kidney, black pudding and organs...

And if I am just sick of meat...my friends cook for me
Markus from Finnland helped Jeiro from Mexico preparing the food.....yaaaaammmyyyy
And here cooked Markus some Finish food...also very yammy
}
Claudia, Arnd ( I am taking private Spanish classes with hime 3-4 times a week) and I ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hihi.
Also, um es noch schnell los zu werden. ManU ist seit gestern offiziell Student. Er studiert jetzt nahezu dual. Also immer Abends nach Schule bzw. Arbeit. Sein Chef finanziert ihm das größtenteils.
Ja, das ist die Neuigkeit. Cool, oder? Achso- er wird dann Bachelor of Art für Betriebswirt für Handel und Vertrieb.
Oki, lieben Gruß nach BA. Ich mach mich auf nach Bielefeld. Drück dich;-)))