Friday, July 20, 2007

Welcome to Argentina

After a 33 hours trip of 8000km from Koblenz to Atlanta plus 8450km from Atlanta to Buenos Aires, I finally arrived Argentina.

Until I actually got to Buenos Aires Airport it was not even sure if the Latins would leave me into there country. Thanks to the German employees of Delta airlines (over concerned and exaggerating) I was in the opinion that there might be the chance that the Argentinians would not let me in. The nice lady from the security check was seriously telling me that I might be send back at the Argentinian boarder because my stay of 181 days in Argentina expires my tourism visa of exactly 1 day. She suggested me to either change my flight which certainly would have cost a lot of money or take the risk and go.

Here is where my adventure to Argentina would start. Finally arrived, it turned out the Argentinian boarder security did not even ask for my departure date much less for my flight ticket.

So now I am here in 'coldy' Argentina. Well at least physically because mentally I feel like being somewhere between Europe and Argentina. After 3 days of uncountable new impressions, hundreds of Spanish vocabulary and freaking cold weather, my head is close to an explosion:)

Today I actually managed to break out of my daily schedule (hostel, language school, supermarket & back to hostel) and went to the centre. Not knowing where to go and what sights to see I just did a little walk around the city, took some pictures and had my first Argentinian steak:D

Today, it was also the second day of my Spanish lessons. My new teacher was thinking that it would be time for a new challenge. Therefore she spoke only Spanish to me and if I did not understand her she repeated herself in a different way and made some gestures and pantomime. 20 versions later of what she had said in the begging, I finally got it :D

No seriously I have a great time here and my Spanish is progressing. I would not have imagined to be able to learn a language all over again like I did with English. But after 2 days of intensive one to one classes, I get close to the imagination that at the end of my 6 month I am capable to communicate in SPANISH:)

Since I made some photos today I am certainly do not hesitate showing them to you.
However do not forget it is winter here. Consequently it is pretty clouded and people are running around with winter jackets. After all I am not in Brazil...not yet ;)




House(red) of the famous balcony where Evita hold a speech for the Argentinian people



Who said that the Argentinian's are not organized. Guess what, the people are waiting for the bus, standing in a straight line...:)

Shopping Centre in Buenos Aires downtown

BA downtown










I love this country....mmmmm ;)

No comments: