Monday, January 22, 2007

Techno retour asjeblieft

Being a member of AEGEE always guaranties you a lot of surprises and spontaneous travel trips.

But let’s start with the surprises.
Since last Wednesday the board decided to pick me as the president of the activity committee. Now you might wonder what this new task means for my life.

Well I am just going to give u a short overview of the upcoming events.
2.2. Amsterdam City tour
9.2. Osnabrück visits Rotterdam
19.2. Carnival in Cologne
28.2. Big Welcome Party
2.3. Rotterdam City Tour
16.3. Rotterdam goes Paris
30.3. Rotterdam goes Sweden and Helsinki
May Rotterdam goes St.Petersburg and so on.

And I am the main responsible when it comes to the organization now....just another description for the role of the president :D

However the spontaneous travel trip was some really nice experience, too.
On Saturday 3 Dutch friends and me left for Germany, Heidelberg to visit one of the most popular events during the year, the winter ball (Gala). We left on Saturday from Rotterdam by car and since Patrick I had to listen to a lot of Techno songs and Dutch Comedy :D

Over there in Heidelberg we stayed at a gym which we shared with about 50 other AEGEE people from Holland, France, Spain, Germany and so on :)
The ball itself was hold in the old castle of Heidelberg and about 300 people were attracted by this years topic: Criminal Tango. Unfortunately I did not have any dress here in Rotterdam but thanks to Hoi Lam I got an outstanding dress. And if I mean outstanding than I mean everyone being in black, red and dark dresses and me wearing a light colourful summer dress :D
Did not really matter to me because I still had my fun as you can see from the pics.

On Sunday we just had a little Sight Seeing Tour and left Heidelberg while the sun was shinning around 3 p.m. Now I am looking forward to Paris...:)

Here are some pics from the ball and Heidelberg:

the gym

Hoi Lam and me

Patrick and me

Castle

Castle

French Dancing partner

French Dancing partner

Heidelberg

1 comment:

René Keijzer said...

It's always nice to see how people see on thing differently. ;)

Cool pics :)

See you soon!